Click here for our BACK-TO-BUSINESS-SYCAMORE-June-2020-1.
Beginning Friday, June 26, we, along with all four regions of the state, move into Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois Plan!!
Below are links to the toolkit and guidelines released by the Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity this morning. Please visit the links below for additional guidance.
Also, see the Governor’s press release below announcing Phase 4 Guidance for business and industries.
Local Chamber Member Sources for Social Distancing Tools
- MED Alliance Group, Inc., Sycamore – http://www.medalliancegroup.com (888) 891-1200 ~ Face Masks (KN95 & Disposable) and Face Shields.
- Sweet Earth, Sycamore — call 815-895-3011 or email email@example.com for details ~ Face coverings (disposable and washable available) and hand sanitizer.
- Lizzy’s Pink Boutique, Sycamore– online only at lizzyspinkboutique.com
Face Masks (washable)
- Banner Up Signs, Sycamore — Bannerupsigns.com 815-899-9211 ~ Vinyl signs, floor markers to delineate social distancing requirement, open for business signs, banners, etc.
- HyVee, Sycamore — 2700 DeKalb Ave. Hy-vee.com ~ Hand sanitizer in bulk and individual containers
- OLT Marketing,http://www.hy-vee.com DeKalb — call (815) 901-0569 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hand sanitizer, face masks, decals, signage, etc.
- Le Print Express, Sycamore — leprintdekalb.com or email email@example.com or call (815) 748-7121 ~ Signage, floor decals, personalized face masks, etc.
- The UPS Store, Sycamore – call 815-787-9500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Open 7 days a week, signage, floor & window decals, outside signage, print & copy services.
- Christian Connection, Sycamore – call 815-899-3262 ~ face coverings
- Made Just For You, Sycamore – call 815-895-8122 ~ face coverings
- Redeemed Furniture Outlet, DeKalb – 815-758-7619 ~ acrylic frame-less panels, etc.
Wearing a mask and asking your customers and visitors to wear masks is necessary under current state guidelines. We recognize that this adds a new twist to the already-challenging conditions under which you are managing your business. The DeKalb County UNITES team has created #Maskup posters for your business to display. This lets everyone know that you are being safe, following state guidelines and expecting your customers to do the same in a fun and encouraging way. We have available for you to display 11×17 posters.
The US Chamber has put together a one-stop shop of all the resources you need to reopen your business safely and keep employees and customers healthy and informed. Click here to view.
Recommended Guidelines/Precautions ~ This link includes Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidance for employers and businesses, along with specific Best Practices compiled from area businesses.
Workplace Health and Safety Guidance for Employees and Staff of Businesses from the Illinois Department of Public Heath (IDPH) Click here.
Alternative Occupancy Restrictions and limits from the Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity Click here.
General Social Distancing Guidelines from Ill.gov
For purposes of this Executive Order, Social Distancing Requirements includes maintaining at least six-foot social distancing from other individuals, washing hands with soap and water for at least twenty seconds as frequently as possible or using hand sanitizer, covering coughs or sneezes (into the sleeve or elbow, not hands), regularly cleaning high-touch surfaces, and not shaking hands.
Proactive measures to ensure compliance with Social Distancing Requirements, including where possible:
~ Designate six-foot distances. Designating with signage, tape, or by other means six-foot spacing for employees and customers in line to maintain appropriate distance.
~ Hand sanitizer and sanitizing products. Having hand sanitizer and sanitizing products readily available for employees and customers.
~ Separate operating hours for vulnerable populations. Implementing separate operating hours for elderly and vulnerable customers; and
~ Online and remote access. Posting online whether a facility is open and how best to reach the facility and continue services by phone or remotely.
General Cleaning & Sanitation – CDC
Click here for tips on Cleaning and Disinfecting your place of business
General Employee and Customer Safety – OSHA
Click here for Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
Guidance recently unveiled for businesses to bring workers back- CDC.
Outline on how business owners can determine which staff members are ready to work, when, and under what conditions. Checklist for Returning to Work Click here. The discontinuation of isolation for person with COVID-19 click here.
Illinois Department of Economic Opportunity (IDEO)
For details regarding defining Essential Businesses and Operations click here.
DeKalb County Health Department
Plan Prepare and Respond – Click here for advice for our Businesses and Workplaces from the CDC.
Business Preparedness Plan – Click here for Prepared Planning for Your Business from the Department of Homeland Security
Other Ideas for Responsible Reopening Transactional Business
- Provide hand sanitizer stations and/or complimentary gloves and/or masks.
- Reconfigure credit card process to eliminate the need for staff to handle cards or touch machine.
- If possible, eliminate the requirement for customer signature on screen or printed receipt.
- Wipe down credit card machine or touch pad screen after every customer transaction.
- Require customers to bag their own purchases.
Click here for a word version of the Tool Kit