“How COVID Helped A New Coffee Shop Succeed” .
Six months before COVID-19, Ryan and Karen Weckerly opened a coffee roastery. Then March 2020 hit. Join Ryan as he discusses how he and his wife Karen used technology, social media, and Amazon to pivot their business model. What was initially planned as an in-house coffee roaster and tasting experience, with limited retail hours and only for small groups turned quickly into a full-scale retail destination, featuring a full menu of custom drinks and roasted coffees, available seven-days-a-week via contactless curbside pickup at a custom-built outdoor kiosk. Learn more about how Ryan and Karen continued to build their new business with online retail sales via their website and Amazon, all while creating an experience for local patrons through a new, greatly expanded retail storefront and Coffee Bar.
Attendees will learn:
- To adapt business models utilizing technology and social media
- How to successfully pivot with significantly reduced revenue
- A quick view into utilizing Amazon as an online retail outlet
- How to leverage social media to create new fans and brand loyal followers with examples of organic and paid social strategies
- How COVID-19 continues to change the retail landscape, and how a pandemic helped us think creatively and succeed
A big thank you to the Ameren Illinois Energy Efficiency Program for sponsoring this webinar series